- Full time, fixed term for 12 months
- Respected global research organisation
- Make an impact on global health outcomes
‘The George’ is 700+ people globally focused on improving the health of millions of people. A medical research institute affiliated with leading universities and with projects in approximately 50 countries, we are challenging the status quo in healthcare to find the best ways to prevent and treat chronic disease and injury, and to influence policy and practice worldwide.
An opportunity exists for a Research Fellow to join our growing organisation within the Innovative Kidney Research program of work. The Research Fellow is required to play a role in the ongoing conduct of existing studies, as well as assisting in the development of new proposals.
Key responsibilities of the role will include:
- Provide a consistent level of contribution to the research activities of the program
- Work with the Program Head in developing new study proposals
- Assist with the preparation of grant applications, as required
- Take the lead and assist with manuscript preparation
- Assist students with study design
- Supervise and recruit staff for the program, as required
- Maintain existing collaborations and establish others, as required
- Ensure that research being conducted is congruent with world best practice
Desired Skills and Experience
Our ideal candidate will possess:
- Relevant health/ medical qualification, ideally including a PhD
- Knowledge of quantitative aspects of epidemiology
- Experience in the development and coordination of health research projects and/or clinical trials
- Experience in writing research papers
- Research Fellow
- Proficient in the use of the Microsoft Office suite of products
- Strong problem solving, analytical skills, and strategic thinking
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to work well and flexibly i.e. autonomously, in small teams and with a wide range of varying stakeholders
- Ability to see the big picture, yet still focus on detail.
We offer a flexible and inclusive work culture with excellent staff benefits including, salary packaging arrangements and sound learning opportunities.
The George Institute is an equal employment opportunity employer committed to equity, diversity and social inclusion. Applications are encouraged from people with a disability; women; Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people; people who identify as LGBTIQ; mature-aged adults and those from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds.